High energy, results oriented media executive – with an engaging personality, tenacious work ethic and polished demeanor – offering 20+ years of extensive experience in the following areas:
Multi Channel Market Strategy; Content Development and Monetization; Website Analysis including UX and UI Design; Competitive Analysis; Social Media Marketing; Community Building; New Business Development; Enterprise Sales; Marketing and Brand Management
SHARING PROFILES, LLC / Resort Lifestyle Network
Founder, 2009 – present (Minneapolis / Aspen)
Owning and operating a self-funded, highly-interactive resort-based internet startup engages all my senses: seeing a vision from inception to reality, demonstrating good taste when it comes to user interface and design, touching a community in a way that serves and empowers, hearing subscriber feedback and pivoting accordingly, and smelling success that triggers dogged determination.
Other entrepreneurial attributes include envisioning – then building – a community of resort workers from scratch, creating a partner program that benefits that community, managing an ambassador program that results in evangelizing our message, fine-tuning the subscription/advertising-based pricing model and overseeing social media, e-commerce, online advertising, SEM/blogging and email marketing campaigns.
Sharing Profiles Websites:
- Resort Locals
- Resort Workers (formerly known as Hire Me Aspen)
- Resort Entrepreneurs
- Resort Pix
- Resort Lifestyle Program
CBS MARKETWATCH / DOW JONES / NEWS CORPORATION
During my eight year tenure, I successfully developed, retained and grew up to $6.3 million in annual revenue from top-tier accounts in the financial, media and corporate sectors via licensing content, data and technology to large public-facing media websites as well as corporate intranets and extranets.
Triumph in all territories required: securing enterprise-wide content expansion deals/renewals that drove revenue; generating new product ideas for upsell opportunities and client retention; aggregating data from untapped sources to satisfy client needs; writing in-depth, high-level proposals that won RFP opportunities; strategic pricing negotiations that resulted in optimal margins; and overall market, product and sales consulting expertise and execution.
Success tactics included high-level (1MM+) contract negotiations; overseeing cross-functional teams through all phases of application design, development and deployment to secure on-time deliverables; completing SWOT analyses and detailed website audits to demonstrate consulting expertise and enrich client engagements; and leading client teams including legal, account management, sales engineers, product development, project management, data integrity and tech support which resulted in client satisfaction and revenue growth.
- 2007: Pinnacle Award Winner – Top Global Sales; 100% Club
- 2006: Top Sales Producer – Licensing; 100% Club
- 2005: Sales & Service Advisory Board
CBS MarketWatch: Key Account Manager, 2003 – 2004 (Minneapolis)
Initial assignments to develop the untapped US vertical market of Asset Management and the geographic market of Canada not only resulted in exceeding quota but laid the foundation to transition components of these territories to incoming sales reps due to successful territory expansion.
Key Financial Accounts: ING, MFS, Mass Mutual, Nuveen, Franklin Templeton, State Street Research, Guardian, Nuveen, Russell, Northwestern Mutual, Mellon Bank, Dreyfus, AIM, CIBC, TD Bank and Bank of Montreal
DJ / MarketWatch Licensing Services, Director of Media Sales, 2004 – 2007 (NYC)
Promoted to the high-profile Media Territory in June 2004. Success in this position required a solid understanding of content strategy and monetization, website usability and new product creation (from smaller data / news widgets to full-blown Website Centers) for the largest media sites in the US. Additional revenue-driving skills included the tact to negotiate traffic sharing opportunities amongst competitors as well as creative cross-selling skills for brokering news distribution deals between ISPs and Media Clients.
Key Media Accounts: CNN Money, WSJ, New York Times, USA Today, The Motley Fool, The Street.com, Forbes, Fortune, Tribune Interactive, Earthlink, Knight Ridder, CanWest Interactive, Financial Times and Washington Post
News Corp / Factiva, Major Accounts – Enterprise Sales, 2007 – 2010 (San Francisco / Aspen)
Transitioned to the Factiva Territory in June 2007. This lateral move involved licensing proprietary and aggregated news and business information to Fortune 500 companies. The enterprise solutions licensed included DJ Widget and Web Services, DJ Media Relationship Manager, DJ Supplier and Risk Monitor, DJ Companies and Executives, DJ Anti-Corruption, and DJ Watchlist.
Key Corporate Accounts: Visa, Disney, Chevron, Micron, Dolby, Clorox, Levi Strauss, Gap, Bechtel, Gilead, Mattel, Next 15 PR, PG&E, Qwest, Safeway, Western Union, Northrop Grumman, Korn Ferry, Toyota, Occidental Petroleum, Molson Coors, Amgen
Outside Sales Consultant, 1994 – 2002 (Minneapolis)
- Targeted new business opportunities and cultivated relationships with key decision makers, delivering quality product and exceptional service that resulted in securing repeat sales from non-profit organizations and foundations to Fortune 500 companies.
- Engaged in a series of customer-driven marketing programs such as direct mail campaigns, seminars, and email blitzes to expand market penetration and increase key account base.
- Developed sales plans and prepared reports for upper level management including account assessments which produced upsell opportunities with current clients.
- Consistently ranked as one of the most profitable sales consultants company-wide which was a direct result of relationship selling.
Key Corporate Accounts: American Red Cross, Deluxe Business Systems, The Minneapolis Foundation, North American Council on Adoptable Children and Learning Strategies Corporation
THOMAS HAMMOND ADVERTISING
Founding Partner, 1991 – 1994 (Memphis)
- New business development: researched and qualified leads; presented marketing and advertising proposals to prospective clients; developed agency direct mail campaigns to generate new business.
- Financial management: oversaw 1.1 million in annual billings; handled day-to-day financial operations including salary reviews, account receivables and payables, budget analysis / recommendations for both agency and customers; performed media buying duties; contract negotiations.
- Account supervision: reviewed account development with account managers and their client counterparts; developed client marketing and public relations strategies; conducted client presentations.
- Creative execution: led creative brainstorming sessions; directed print and broadcast advertising campaigns; supervised logo development and identity package design; copywriting.
Key Accounts: The Memphis Museum System, St. Francis Hospital, From Here To Maternity Retail, Memphis Housing Authority, the State of Mississippi, Mama Grazies Restaurant and EgglestonWorks Loudspeaker Company
SPRING AIR MATTRESS COMPANY: National Marketing Manager (Chicago)
GRANT THORNTON ACCOUNTING FIRM: Print Production Coordinator (Chicago)
SNOWMASS CLUB AND RESORT: Marketing Manager (Snowmass)
GERMANTOWN NEWS: Newspaper Reporter (Memphis)